What you would learn in XPATH and CSS locators for test automation tools
Students will learn how to build flexible, precise and stable XPATH and CSS locators for Selenium, Katalon, Appium and other test automation tools where XPATH/CSS locators are used
How to use Chrome Dev tools
How to search by text, XPATH axes, child, other elements
How to search by CSS locators by attributes, partial values, how to find and verify locators
Which type of locator is the most powerful
There are no specific requirements, knowledge about locators can be used with different tools
My name is Ostap I have more than 12 years of experience in test automation. I have prepared a short but well-structured and informative course about XPATH, and CSS locators. It will be helpful for beginner and developing test automation engineers who want to use stable and optimal locators for their tests. If you work with web or mobile applications - you know that finding a good and stable locator can cost you a lot of time and effort and even that does not guarantee that the locator will work after some changes in DOM. This course will help you to understand and get some experience working with locators.
You will find answers to the following questions:
- what is a locator?
- why do we need locators?
- what is the difference between XPATH and CSS?
- how to find and verify locators?
- how to use Dev Tools?
- how to use Dev Tools console to find XPATH and css locators?
- how to use the features and functions of XPATH?
- how to build locators using XPATH, CSS and other types of locators?
- how to find and optimize locators for complex elements
- how to search elements by text, partial text
- how to search using logical operators?
- how to search elements by children, ancestors, what is XPATH axis?
- why the relative path is better than the absolute?
Who this course is for:
Beginner, Intermediate QA engineers who would like to test Web applications, understand structure of the XML/HTML documents and improve their skills in mastering XPATH and CSS locators
Everybody who uses XPATH/CSS locators in auto tests and code
Download XPATH and CSS locators for test automation tools from below links NOW!